People wanting to visit Bhutan have asked me about availability of free internet in the country. This of course changes fast as new places open and others may close, but I have found this information for you on thimphutech.com :
The following establishments offer free WiFi.
- Tshernyoen's Cafe (next to Bhutan Telecom).
- Ambient Cafe (opposite PNB Bank). Open Tuesday to Sunday from 9am to 9pm.
- Art Cafe (Next to the Swiss bakery)
- Cafe Italia
- Hotel Tandin (Norzin Lam, near Logar cinema)
- Karma's Coffee (above Zangthopelri Complex, peach-colored building)
- Om Cafe (Jojo's building)
- The Zone (Opposite the Stadium)
To see updated list, check: http://www.thimphutech.com/p/free-wifi-in-bhutan.html