Friday, September 7, 2012

I'm back to Bhutan !

Today, I'm back to Bhutan to meet my friends and hopefully make new ones; work with local entrepreneurs at Thimphu Tech Park and Loden Foundation; and learn more about this amazing country. 

I flied from busy Kathmandu with the Himalaya mountain range on our left side and was greeted by the top of the Everest cutting through the white cloud blanket. 

I gave a glance at 'Tashi Delek' on-board magazine of Druk Air which again had some surprise for me (see last year's delight and now this interesting interpretation of happiness: the Happiness Duty Free). 

Driving from Paro to Thimphu with the friendly driver Lb, a rainbow welcomed me bridging the valley and the mountain top.

Arriving to the city, I noticed many new construction sites spreading everywhere like giant mushrooms - maybe due to the rainy season. 

Then at night I went to one of my favourite places to grab some excellent momos with their healing lemon and honey tea.

And now when I can't sleep and I'm writing this, I'm entertained by the barking concerto of the city's numerous stray dogs. 

I missed all that: the Good, the Bad, the Ugly and first of all the Beauty. I'm glad to be here again.

Tashi Delek.


No comments:

Post a Comment